Wednesday 19 March 2014

A little bit about me

Hello, my names Kaitlyn. I'm a 15 year old girl, living In Brisbane. I'm currently in year 11.
I am a suffer of:

  • Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) 
  • Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD)
  • Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS) 
  • Scoliosis 
  • Chronic pain
  • Hypermobility syndrome 
  • Gord 
  • Connective tissue disease 
  • Previous osteoporosis 
  • Weakened immune system
  • Previous tumor attached to the main artery in my face
  • Nasal spurs/pollups
  • Permanent sublaxed joints
  • Anaphylactic to peanuts, tammarind, worstishire sauce, morphine, ibuprofen, nurofen, phenergen, trees, grass etc
  • Restless Legs
  • Anxiety, panic attacks and depression from being in chronic pain
  • Gluteal Crease Abnormality
  • Osteogenesis Imperfecta 
  • TMJ
And a few other things that are yet to be confirmed with study

I have been on panadol, panadene, codeine, gabbapenton and now i am trying Lyrica.
The gabbapenton made me a complete zombie and I was taking up to 6 tablets. It helped for a little while with managing my pain. My concentration levels  were rapidly reducing and I felt nausea  a lot, it helped with managing my pain for a while but had a lengthy list I side effects. ATM I am in a wheelchair/crutches with my left leg in a moon boot and my right shoulder resting from a dislocation resulting in a hospital visit.  I've held out for 5 years without taking big pills as I did not want to become immune to the pain relief so early in life and not be able to take anymore further down the track with my pain.


Today I have taken my first Lyrica, I felt a bit tired at first and it took my pain from a 9-8 whether or not that was from the tablet or rest I'm not aware. I felt a bit dizzy and weird in the head, I guess it's a bit better than gabbapenton! They say it can take up to 2 weeks to get use to it before increasing the dosage. I can either become a zombie with a reduced pain level and fail year 11 or be a half zombie with more pain and fail. It's a struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment